i broke down today after eating dinner with the family. my mom's eyes and mine caught each other at a glance and i finished up and went into my room. there i broke down and cried silently to myself.
two days ago i receive a warning notice for calculus once again and my brother went and said all these things as if i did not know already. i dont like when people do that so in an instant i retaliated and screamed and started a whole scene. my mom stood by my brother and after minutes of yelling back and forth they left and i was in my room. i can hear my mom in the living room saying how i dont do anything, i go home eat and sleep and yet i cant do well in school. she continue as to say im so disrespectful now and etc. i could not handle it anymore and i just angrily went to sleep. i have not yet to talk to her.
today i went up to MCPHS and talked to them directly at the admissions office. they said my application is going through "review process" and it'll take a couple of weeks. MAY is just around the corner...i dont even know what to think right now. then the financial aid office gave me two papers for me and my parent to fill out. i come home and put it on my dad's desk. what do you know...my nephew goes and draw on it with a pen. i guess things just cant get any better. i envy so much of those who are set for college already. i envy those who have been accepted to MCPHS but refuse to go. but mostly im disappointed in how i have lived my life.
im trying to smile, im trying to laugh, i refuse to let my life go to such a failure state. im crying but i want it to be tears of joy, im hurting but i want it to be because i've been working too hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Once you've hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up."
ReplyDeleteTake your disappointments and use them as motivation to make yourself better. I'm sure you'll pull through even if it takes a few more days, weeks, or even months. And I'm not sure which colleges you've gotten into so far, but even if you're left with your last choice, give it a chance. I did and I love it here. Also, keep in mind that you've gotten accepted into at least one. Some people don't at all, or do and don't have the money for it. I think we get too caught up into the whole "getting into the best college" or our top college sometimes that we forget it's what you make out of it that counts. You always have time to transfer and it's also a good experience just as it is. So if not MCPHS, I'm sure you'll be fine elsewhere. <3!
omgsh so are you going to go back and get more? and well if the financial aid office has given you papers, that probably means you got accepted and that they need more info for you to get your financial aid package!! lol who knows? goodness nieces and nephews! -.-"
ReplyDeletebut aww trung, families can be on your back and it can get quite annoying. im not even going to say that its bcus the care, but heck, i totally know how you feel. sometimes my mom can be hella annoying but we gotta deal with it. take it one day at a time and not let it strongly get to it. you need to stay strong, and it's good that youre keeping your chin up. everything will turn out better later, like i said, even if you dont get into mcphs, YOU'LL SUCCEED WHEREVER YOU GO! because you don't need a specific school to succeed. it depends on YOU, and how you take advantage of your resources and you making sure you work hard to come out on top.
YOU GOT THIS. your future is in your hands. keep your head up, stay strong, and everything will be okay. :D
"People who have never experienced sorrow before are not able to express happiness"
ReplyDeleteFrom a guy's perspective, I receive the same lectures from you. Instead, its more constant and whenever I get home. They think I'm like the laziest thing to walk the earth and that I didn't get into good college cause you always plays games and sports. You should not dedicate your time to that and at times I feel like I need to talk back to my parents because they don't understand that I love doing sports and they cannot stop me. As for you trung, you got to put up with your parents and brother because they are your family and they try to give what's best to you. They may not seem like it but they do really care about you man. There are times where we have to listen to what our parents say because half the time we are in doubt whether we know it or not. They try to put forth guidance in our lives so we can become successful and not be like them and have a hard life.
As for college, I would say use what you have. Like what Lauren and Sarah stated above, you are much more fortunate than other people. You can always transfer!!! So after a couple of months or 1 to 2 years get ready to start to apply for a transfer to your dream school. I am pretty sure there are other medical schools out there better than MCPHS that are in Massachusetts if you want to live close to Boston. But don't worry man, be strong and enjoy life now because you can only live it once with the same people.