Thursday, January 7, 2010

Label Me.

In this lifetime and currently now, the society i live in would label me as a bisexual male. or an ignorant label such as, a gay fag.

Bisexuality is a sexual behavior or an orientation involving physical or emotional attraction to both males and females.

yeah, that seems about right.

however, i dont want to live in a society where people are labeled each day. im tired of living a life where i have to be afraid of expressing my emotions and attractions. these past few years, i've been living life being a hypocrite and not being fully who i am to everyone.

who know and have accepted me from the beginning? my bestfriend Tien. she's been there for me from the start and have never treated me differently ever since she knew. i love her to death and i cant express how much she means to me. she's my family along with my other friend name Sarah. She is the second to know and she has greatly impacted me. she never once changed the way she talk towards me and she never once looked down upon me. these two helped me through the tough times and gave me so many happy memories that i can never forget.

Stephen, a friend of mine labeled as gay by society, and i have recently talked alot this school year. I trusted him to understand who i was and i was right. he has understood my position i'm in as he was in the same position himself awhile back. he's brave and he happily expresses himself without fear. I tell him all the time that im scared of what society will look at me after but he have helped me learn to love who i am and not fear. i can honestly say i want to see who is still here for me, i want to see who cares so much about my sexuality that changes my friendship between them. at this point i have no regrets because im done living in fear of people not accepting me.

the only fear i have is from my family. i know my family will love me no matter what, but will they accept me? of course, but i know they'll probably never approve of me being "this way". I know my brother will find out from the mouths that spread around words like fire, and eventually my family will know. i lay in bed everynight with fear of feeling shameful and being a disappointment to my family. but i believe im ready for it.

im ready for the ignorant comments that is coming my way. im ready to experience hate and discrimination from certain people in society. im ready to meet those who can accept me. im ready to finally be who i am completely.

5 comments:

  1. im glad to be here for you <3 and iam really proud of you right now. iam so happy you can truly be yourself now. hehehe yay!! ahh im excited. LOL :DDDDD

    but trung, dont expect ignorant comments! dont think about the negative things that you MAY face! think of this in a positive way, you finally can be who you are! who cares about the comments, what people think, do or say! this is about you being who you are. the rest does not matter. shit. LOL but yeah, i love you trung, and im really proud of you right now. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful first post for me to read after a while of being absent! I'm so happy for you Trung! I'm glad you've built up the courage to come out. Know that I accept you and I'm behind you 100%. Screw everyone who doesn't! You're awesome, fun, loving, and if people can't accept you, then they don't deserve you! :) <3<3<3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, glad that you had the courage to say what you wanted to say. It's hard for individual to say what they got to say by themselves. Who gives a shit what society labels you. Just follow what you believe in and you'll make it far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Trung, it's okay man. I am glad that you can muster up courage to say what is needed to be said, and I am glad. It doesn't matter what other people think when it's the people that is close to you, that counts. Your individuality is made up of what you are, it's not of what other people make up of it. So again,I'm happy that you said what is needed to be said. Labeling people isn't my thing and it will never will be. I am glad to have you as a brother and you always will be one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I give you props for having the courage to open up and telling the world this. I know for sure I wouldn't have the guts to do what you did. But who cares what people think? You have friends to support you, and we will always accept you for who you are. Just wanted you to know that. <3

    ReplyDelete